NETWORK SECURITY SPECIALIST – LEVEL 3
This programme is an excellent progression route from the Level 2 Diploma in Systems Support (PC Maintenance and Repair).
This programme is designed to progress and excel learners who work, or want to work in 2nd / 3rd line support, systems support, infrastructure deployment, configuration and support roles within the ICT and Telecommunications sector.
In this hands-on training programme, you will undertake a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles. Within the Level 3 Diploma you will also study vendor specializations embedded into various units.
You will specialise in south London college configuring and maintaining Cisco equipment with the Cisco CCNA qualification. You will learn practical skills and knowledge in Cisco hardware products as well as understanding the basics of the Linux OS, script execution and open source applications.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma, you will be able to sit vendor examinations.
Skills You Will Gain
- Customer Support Provision and Service Desk Operations
- ICT Systems Planning and Network Management
- Deploy, configure and upgrade advanced ICT applications
- Vendor specialization embedded into awarding body units;
- Cisco CCNA
- Cisco CCNA Security
- LPI Linux Essentials
City & Guilds
Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
Plus 5 Vendor Certifications – Embedded within above Diploma;
Cisco CCNA Security
LPI Linux Essentials
>One to One Support
>Practical hands-on lab facilities
>Flexible part-time classroom delivery (Day / Eve / Weekends)
- Network Engineer
- Network Security Specialist
- Network and Security Analyst
- 2nd/ 3rd Line Support
- Software Web Developer
- Cisco CCNP
- Cisco ASA Firewall
- Checkpoint Firewall CCSA
- Further Education – Level 4
- Systems support experience on computer hardware and repair, 1st / 2nd line support of ICT infrastructures or;
- Level 2 Diploma (PC Maintenance and Repair) or equivalent in ICT Systems Support
- Initial Assessment will be taken on enrolment
Monthly In-Take – Classroom Based
Cost and Duration
Cost – £3,895 £3,345
6 – 11 Months – Part Time (Day, Evenings or Weekends)
This course may be funded through Advanced Learner Loans* – Apply Course
Additional support may be available for Travel / Childcare support subject to application approval.
*eligibility criteria applies